Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Did It!

Last summer I was very disappointed when I was told of my two "significant" stress fractures. I thought running 26.2 on 10-10-10 was the ultimate goal, God had a different plan. I was derailed but determined to still fulfill my dream. My goal is to run one marathon in the place I was born and raised in, Chicago. I also missed the sign up date and had no choice but to run for a charity. When you think about it how determined was I if I never knew the date registration opened?

Well 2011 is a new year and I am starting off on the right foot, I just completed my online registration form for October 9, 2011. I feel this is my year. It will be grueling, physically challenging and the craziest thing I have ever done but I can't wait.

Last Saturday I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes and I was so at home. I prefer running outside but for my first run of the year it was amazing. My life is about focusing on my obligation to others, my choice, running is my "me time", my time alone with my thoughts and with God. If I am not running regularly I feel distant from Him.

The biggest news is that I left the YMCA after 6 years. I loved it but it was no longer the place I could train without anxiety. The indoor track was great but the rules were never enforced, I was forced to confront teens, kids, old people who would not comply by blocking my path. The babysitting room was closed from 1pm-4pm, prime time for me to train. The main reason I left was because the Young Mens Christian Association has a new image and name, it is just The Y. Since they dropped the Christian I dropped them. Next task is to find another gym. I fell short of my goal to constantly post during my training, I trained for the half with very few posts. I will write after each workout, no matter how short.

No comments:

Post a Comment